Excercise? Fitness? For Diving?? Hah!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I began exercising and will not only continue to do so, but will increase the intensity and duration as I become more fit. I choose to do this so that I can be fit to do any dive I choose. It's about having options for me.

Smoking or being in poor physical condition is going to limit your options when it comes to diving. That's the best case. Worst case is getting injured or killed as a result.

Good for you, dherbman. I have been lucky in that I've been fit all my life. All that play time when I was a kid was spent actively playing outside, outdoors. I haven't stopped playing :) During the weekends there's football (soccer) when I'm up for it. And because I've been swimming since I was ten (competitively for about 10 years), even that I consider play. Then there's running or walking when running isn't an option. Pilates even.

Always start slow and with low intensity then work up from there. There's a 10% increase about every week or two depending on how you feel or how quickly you want to reach a certain goal. I'm not too sure about the timing. I do what I want when I want and don't watch my diet with eagle eyes.

Diver or not, keeping fit is important. My two cents or should I say 1.04 centavos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom