Excess Neoprene on Dry Suit Booties?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

toris1968

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello All,

I recently completed my dry suit cert with my scubapro Evertec LT and the suit fits great. The neoprene booties have some excess material and was curious if anyone had any tips with how to manage this excess. I'm currently wearing just regular felt bottom bottles over the neoprene because anything else here in Okinawa is just dangerous. Normally I wear an 11 but I sized up to dive dry to a 13. I rented a size 14 too just in case. I tried both during the 2 dives and while they seem to fit I don't want to damage the neoprene on the suit by improperly folding the excess. Is there a good way to do this? The folding of the neoprene also cause some discomfort because I have wide feet and just trying to make dry diving the best experience I can. Thanks

What exactly do you mean by excess neoprene on your suit's booties? Are they simply too large?

What exactly do you mean by excess neoprene on your suit's booties? Are they simply too large?
If they are too big it's maybe a half size but the booties have like an elf shoe toe that is pretty pointed so my foot has about 2 inches of excess material at the toe. Plus sock is so wide which if I needed to wear thick socks wouldn't be much of an issue but it definitely is too much material imho and I have thick legs and ankles. so there is a lot of excess material that while not difficult to stuff inside the bootie it makes it tight width wise. I know I need rock boots and that probably what they are destined to be used with but those aren't an option here. Rubber soles will get you put on your back side.

Sounds like the best long term solution would be to have your current suit socks removed and a better fitting one added. Actually, if you're handy yourself, you could do it on your own.

When I was trying on a rental suit for my OW dives (got my own suit in time, thank goodness), the socks on the suit were too large by several inches. I simply pulled them tight at the toe and the rest of the extra material ended up above my ankle. I only had to wear that suit once in the pool.

you can diy sock adjustments by basically cutting the seams and regluing them.
What overboots are you using? Try using scuba booties that go over the socks, they help quite a bit at managing excess material

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom