Experienced Divers: Will You Dive With Newbies?

Will you dive with a new diver on fun dives?

• Never

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 90 51.1%
  • Always

Votes: 62 35.2%
  • Only when I'm being paid as an instructor

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Only if they buy dinner afterwards

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Not on boat dives where I have to pay

Votes: 15 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OE2X

ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
This is sort of an offshoot about diving with Hoovers.

This is more for those of us who dive recreationally and don't instruct. If you are an instructor who do you dive with when not teaching?

I'm alright with moderate doses as long as they aren't doing the PADI Patented Power Paddle, or doing Basic Bouncing and Yo-Yoing Skills. And as long as they aren't riding on marine life or dragging backup regs and consoles across the reef/wreck. If you do any of those you're welcome to dive with me, but only once so I can show you the right way to do it. :wink:

I don't mind diving with hoovers at all... unless I've paid for a boat dive. Then I get selfish. Most hoovers (thought not all if you've read through the other thread) feel no obligation to recompense the poor diver whose dive was cut short by their hoovering.

Let's say we go out to dinner at an expensive (French) restaurant and you start forking down my food as well. I probably wouldn't be thrilled about paying my half of the bill. However if you started choking on your venison and then threw up all over my plate... hmm... I still wouldn't want to pay.

Let me think of a good illustration...

Hey, Pug, I think you opened the wrong door and walked into the wrong room !!!

Experienced divers gave up their time and talents to help me learn to dive.

It's my turn.

Sure, as long as it's within my plan for the dive.

One of my favorite dives was doing OW at Manatee one day during the week, clearest I've ever seen the basin, lots of life and a good buddy.

OE2X:
This is sort of an offshoot about diving with Hoovers.

This is more for those of us who dive recreationally and don't instruct. If you are an instructor who do you dive with when not teaching?

LOL - you KNOW my answer.

Experienced divers taught me more about diving than I ever learned in a classroom.

In this case, payback is my pleasure ... besides, nobody's more enthusiastic about a dive than someone who's just discovering it. And diving IS a social experience ... :eyebrow:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom