Experienced Maui photo folks which CC FILTER to USE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CleveYank

Reaction score
Cleveland Ohio. And please don't hold it against
# of dives
Need/want to buy just one color correction filter for use with my Ikelite 6112.15 which has a 2.2 port diameter.

What's the best overall CC filter for use in Maui waters during February?

The Blue water #6441.32 for tropical blue water or the #6441.72 for green water for use without a flash? Or if there is better filter (other brand) in close price range, again which color?

When I was in Kuai diving last year, we had rain on and off and the silt or suspended material screwed up most of my pictures via flash. Turned it off and well, it helped but as predicted things too blue and even photoshop color tweaking still didn't get things exactly where I wanted them.

Not sure what's going to be the case in Maui, hence the question to folks who have shot photos under most possible conditions.

If I must get both I guess I will, but would prefer one. Thanks for any help.

Mike.

Here's another filter brand to look at:

URPRO Patented Underwater Correction Filters

As a general rule you would use a blue filter for salt water and a green filter for freshwater. There may be occasions where you are diving in brackish water where the green filter might work better.

You may want to tune your camera's image capture by using some of the compensation filters. Filters for cloudy conditions or for fluorescent lights may give you more red to work with at depth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom