Experiences with flex-arm.com products?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jarzi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've been looking a set up for gopro and tovatec fusion 1000 torch ( Fusion 1000 - Tovatec ).

I found this site Home Page which sells a lot of different trays, arms and so forth. My torch doesn't have a fiixed mount so I am thinking of either using an universal adapter
Underwater Tray With Single Handle Flex Arm and Universal Lights Adapter
underwater-Bracket-tray-for-gopro.jpg

or same setup but with action camera mount

roll-bar-mount-for-gopro_en02ju23.jpg

I haven't found much reviews about these, so any of you guys have any experience with flex-arm products?

In general flex arms work quite well for light weight lights and especially for go pro type systems.
These are very similar to most other Loc-Line type arms.
Enjoy
Bill

You can pick up a noise from them when they bend in your video, only happens if you're adjusting while filming. Otherwise they're pretty simple to use.

i use the tuboflex from flex-arms on an snake river tray with a gopro and two fantasea radiants. Works pretty well. they do make noise when you move them underwater but the pricing is very competitive, they have a plethora of items and the shipping prices are great. They ship from milan,italy but were in FL in 3 days. I would recommend them to anyone.

If you do go with a flex style setup look for an industrial supplier of the flex sections (they were inveneted to use as lubricant hose. They get marked up a LOT when sold for camera use. I got my Loc-Line 3/4 sections, Y's etc in Canada from EH Pope for around CAD$8 per foot... I got the individual ends for lights and base handle inserts from Divervision.

One hint... because Loc-Line was designed as hose they tend to be water tight. I drilled holes in the bottom and top sections to allow flooding. Avoids change in buoyancy during the dive. Also pop them apart to rinse the inside... I forgot that the first salt water trip and lad some buildup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom