Experiencing slow response time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmoore19

Denizen of the PUB
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I started noticing a delay in response time on Saturday morning.

I found out that there was an update that was applied.

I am still experiencing a delay at times. It is not everytime and most of the time I am able to get a good response when I click on something. I would guess 1 out of 5 times I click on something I wait for 5 or 10 seconds before the page loads. I do not see this happening on other sites. I am running Firefox with all of the recent updates. This is on my apple computer with the current OS. I have cleared my cache and am still having problems.

Why? The only site I am having problems with is this one. I did not experience this until the update was done. Your response is of absolutely no help. I'll wait for something that comes from Scubaboard. This isn't the only computer or place that I am having the problem. It also happens at work with T1 and an entirely different ISP. But thanks anyway.

Get cable.

Yeah, it's slower. They're doing some upgrades, making changes, dealing with issues, etc. I am sure that they know it's slow and why, but it will be back to its robust self soon.

yep, home, work, old pc, new pc, tablet, phone, etc. (T1 at one location, and 30 down at another) For me it is more than 1 in 5. Very frustrating...

Chrome Browser....

(oh the irony when I click - "Post Quick Reply"...)

Actually the wait is longer than that. Sometimes when using the quick link I end up having to click on it 2 or 3 times before it brings up the new page.

Get cable.

Dumb answer. I have the exact same problem at home. I am on cable with a high speed connection. Running a high end MAC. This is the only site where there is the problem. I note that when I have the delay that computer shows it is usually waiting for one of two things. One is ad.... something and the other is google... something.

Happens at work but is slightly better. But then I work at a major node of the information highway.

It's been happening to me too. But I equate it with yelling at the microwave to "hurry up".

Last edited:
Hi All.

1) Over the weekend, I uninstalled ONE plugin and installed 2 plugins to do two different things. One was our SE Friendly URL's and the other is the Thanks/Like Plugin.
2) Over the weekend I was also messing with a different plugin to cache pages for faster page view. This was unrelated to the other plugin, and caused a few PHP errors that people saw with the "class_core.php"
3) The cache plugin apparently crashed a service on the servers, and I didn't notice that until today... I restarted a bunch of services today (like 2 minutes ago, and the servers should be responding faster now.

Hopefully this resolves the slowdown.

Thanks.

PS. I have some other server maintenance to do including a major update to some core software on the servers, but don't plan on doing those mid-week.

Back
Top Bottom