Experiment time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jepuskar

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok little kiddies....time for a Scuba Board Experiment!

I am going to make a plain statement and feel free to comment on it and discuss it to your hearts content.

Here is the statement:

'The Earth is commonly thought of as being round, although a few hundred years ago it was believed to be flat'

Jason

'The Earth is commonly thought of as being round, although a few hundred years ago it was believed to be flat'

So I guess that before Niagara, the edges of the Earth were the place to go on for a fun honeymoon.

In a couple of hundred years from now the Earth will commonly be thought of as flat. Then people will say that people used the say that the Earth was round.

Its like bell bottom pants.

The earth is flat:mean: it is only our skewed perceptions which make us think it is round which its not (otherwise my job would be easier). And yes it is slow night.:D

jepuskar once bubbled...

What would we do without scientists and explorers?

Maybe soon science will prove the universe isn't infinite. Books will have to be rewritten, teachings revised and skeptics will jump up and down.

You know..I read a bunch of things on how the sun is really the cause for global warming..not the retarted green house gas. (which is only a theory and there is no REAL proof to back that up since yes the earths surface is warming but the lower atmosphere is not)
But this new theory (that has proof) says that solar rays affect our lower cloud cover (responsible for cooling our surface) which in turn affects our temperature. It's really interesting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom