Exploration- what's the furthest you've been?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Atomic_Diver

Scubaboard Enthusiast
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hey guys, since theres not that much activaty on the Cave fourm i thought i would start something a little fun for all cave(rn) divers to talk about... What was your furtherest exploration in a cave (can be at any level Cavern-Full Cave), and what was you most enjoyed cave expierence???... here i start us off.. mine was to the Maple Leaf in the Devils Cave system (P.930') as an Intro/Basic Cave diver.....

Most enjoyed dive was one at Telford. The grand traverse at Peacock is also a good time (a cool mile).

Furthest in? .....................I forgot

The Room of Tears in Carwash Cenote, Mexico.
After I finished my intro cave certification.
It was done with my instructor as a preview to my upcoming full cave cert, all that after 7 days of intensive training.

BTW, nice to see you again Meng Tse, I enjoyed your posts when I started on Scubaboard in 07. Too bad we can't see you here much any more.

I think my furthest penetration was also one of my best dives . . . Downstream Yax Muul, where we enjoyed the markers from the original explorers, as well as the fabulously decorated cave, and because of the shallowness, we did 75 minutes on 1/3 of 2/3s.

Far enough:wink:
Most memorable was a swim to the Henkle at Ginnie. That's a long swim.

I know it sounds trite but it's true. Each cave dive is unique and memorable, Telford was extreamly neat with all of the various contrast in cave formations from vertical slits to low bedding plane, and Ginnie with wide open rooms and tunnels, Little River with various routes to the Florida Room and beyond, Peacock, OG, Eagle's Nest, etc. Each unique, and each memorable. I've yet to get to Mexico, but when I do, I'm sure they will be equally enticing.

Blue Hole 4 (Benjamin's Cave), Andros, P1220 feet with George & Peter Benjamin of Toronto

80 minute dive (2000 ft?) in Nohoch (cave 1 limits). Nohoch and dos palmas are my favorite so far.

Grand Cenote to Calimba and back, over 3 hrs of highly decorated cave.

hey guys, since theres not that much activaty on the Cave fourm i thought i would start something a little fun for all cave(rn) divers to talk about... What was your furtherest exploration in a cave (can be at any level Cavern-Full Cave), and what was you most enjoyed cave expierence???... here i start us off.. mine was to the Maple Leaf in the Devils Cave system (P.930') as an Intro/Basic Cave diver.....

Don't get caught up in penetration distance. It does not matter if you only go 200 feet back as long as you are having fun that's all that matters. Some of the best dives are the short circuits in front of the cave.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom