Exploring Pavilion Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Could it be that Donnie Reid is actually the Dive Safety Officer in addition to also being Logistics and Operations Manager? I know he is the Dive Safety Officer for the Vancouver Aquarium

Not anymore last time I heard from him.

He may be eminently qualified, but I don't see a wealth of scientific credentials on that list, which does not mean that they do not exist.

The only science credential on that list is "CAUS Scientific Diver Instructor," and I don't know that there is any such a thing.

He's a safety diver. Why would he need scientific credentials for that?

Because everyone involved in the operation is diving under the auspices of the sponsoring institution; and under various exceptions to the safety in the workplace laws that are only available when divers have specific scientific credentials.

Not anymore last time I heard from him.
I thought he was the one that organized the last Diver Days event at the Vanaqua. Maybe now he's fully dedicated to Pavilion.

Last edited:
I thought he was the one that organized the last Diver Days even at the Vanaqua. Maybe now he's fully dedicated to Pavilion.

I haven't had a chance to talk to him since Sept but his work email address now is a UBC one, not the Vanaqua one.

If he has a UBC affiliation that takes care of the issue I mentioned. Who is the DSO at UBC now?

If he has a UBC affiliation that takes care of the issue I mentioned. Who is the DSO at UBC now?

I don't know. Could be Donnie's position there. In January/Feb he just sent a note with his new UBC email address but not much on the details. I really should get in touch again and find out what he's up to (besides everything). He's a good guy and always a joy to talk to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom