Exposure Equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronanm98

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to scuba and was just wondering about purchasing a exposure suit.

Should I pursue getting a wetsuit, semi-dry or drysuit, I will be diving in Ireland primarily with the few trips to spain, etc..

Any ideas on a good BCD/Stab jacket that is good and reasonable.

Cheers Ro.

hey!!!!

sorry i dont have a clue on what you can find in ireland....i just wanted to say hey. I have been to ireland a couple of times and rented a car and just drove all the back roads and stopped in little villages. Stayed b&b's.....love it ...love it...love it.

sorry i cant help you but just wanted to say thanks to you on how i have always been treated so nicely when i come to visit your lovely island. ...

yell if you ever head nc way....thats north carolina usa....would be glad to show you our atlantic wreck diving....

have a smithwicks' (sp?) for me....

You're going to want a drysuit I think. There is a limited time each year when anything else is really practical over on the big Island :wink: I can't see things being much different over there.

As for Spain, sorry, no Idea - never been.

Dom

I would definitely recommend that you invest in a drysuit. Irelands waters are pretty cold, especially on parts of the west coast such as Achill Island and further north towards Donegal.

You may get away with a wetsuit in certain areas of Spain at certain times of year but you couldn't be sure that it would be warm enough so you would be better off with either a semi-dry or lighter under garments with your drysuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom