Extension Knobs for Inon Z-240 and D-2000 Strobes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonjake

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After returning from several warm water dive trips last year, I quickly noticed how much harder it is to adjust my strobes while wearing gloves in the local cold waters.

I did some quick searches and found there are a few add-on knobs available for the Inon strobes at varying prices and quality. For the price, none of them were really what I was looking for so I designed my own. A machine shop that I work with frequently in San Jose, CA made these prototypes for me.

coldwater_knobs.jpg z240_coldwater_knobs.jpg

They fit over the existing knob, orient with a cutout for the pointer, and are retained using a pair of set screws that line up with the roll pin hole. The original knobs are very difficult to remove so making a cap seemed more practical.

Material: CNC-machined Aluminum 6061-T6
Color: Orange anodized
Weight: 9 grams
Compatibility: Inon Z-240 & Inon D-2000
Includes: Knob(s), Extra Set Screws, and Allen Wrench (for installation)

I am going to take them down to Monterey this weekend and will report back on how they work. Any interest in these here? I am considering getting a small production run of them made. PM me for more details.

Last edited:
Hello .... I'm mailing you from Poland. I would really like to buy such 4 knob extensions for my INON z240 strobes. Is it possible to make such purchase? How much would it be?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards
Mark

After returning from several warm water dive trips last year, I quickly noticed how much harder it is to adjust my strobes while wearing gloves in the local cold waters.

I did some quick searches and found there are a few add-on knobs available for the Inon strobes at varying prices and quality. For the price, none of them were really what I was looking for so I designed my own. A machine shop that I work with frequently in San Jose, CA made these prototypes for me.

View attachment 395225 View attachment 395226

They fit over the existing knob, orient with a cutout for the pointer, and are retained using a pair of set screws that line up with the roll pin hole. The original knobs are very difficult to remove so making a cap seemed more practical.

Material: CNC-machined Aluminum 6061-T6
Color: Orange anodized
Weight: 9 grams
Compatibility: Inon Z-240 & Inon D-2000
Includes: Knob(s), Extra Set Screws, and Allen Wrench (for installation)

I am going to take them down to Monterey this weekend and will report back on how they work. Any interest in these here? I am considering getting a small production run of them made. PM me for more details.

I'm interested in a pair, Jon. Let me know the cost?
Lawrence

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom