Extra Force Fins feel" sloppy "....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gtto

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I bought a pair of Extra Force Fins on the bay in the original material. They have the whiskers. I was really excited to try them but was a bit disappointed in them compared to my FF pros.....they feel sloppy; the pros feel much tighter and seem to require less effort for the same power. Am I missing something?
On another note, I had the pros as a backup fin because I liked my Apollo splits more. I work on cruise ships and fly a lot so luggage weight is an issue. I took my FF's with me because they were easier to carry. When I got home I used my splits and hated them. I mean really! They caused pain in my feet and were just terrible. I guess it took longer than I expected to get used to the Force Fins. I doubt if I will ever use anything than Force Fins again.
Finally, is the difference between the pro and the tan delta that big? I can't decide if I "need" a pair.....

The Extra Force is a monster of a fin. It really doesn't shine until you really load them up with a ton of power. They are like starting the truck in 4th gear... sucks till you get to speed, but at speed it's got all the umph you can ask for. But, for regular diving at normal speeds and normal loads the Pro is a better fin.

Pro verse TanDelta... I love both TanDelta looks cooler! They do perform somewhat better, they have higher rebound, which returns more of the flex you put into the blade as movement to you.

Back
Top Bottom