eye pains

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Too$hortbaby

Registered
Reaction score
hi dr. deco

i'm a new diver,that just finished my first season of great diving.

My concern was with my eye
after the 3rd dive of the weekend,i got this pain in my eye on desent at about 10-14 feet down.I surfaced with my buddy said i tried again not wanting to call the dive off.went down started to hurt again,back up we came,one more try went down very slowly this time and know problem.It ended up being a very good dive after shaky start.
Condition:12c cold water,october,3rd dive on second day all dives to 40-45',each dive lasting for about an 1 hour each,
I felt fine not congested,could clear no problems.

i was wonder what u think about this problem,and if i should of continued the dive or just call it off.

oh yeah.....no problems on the 4th dive of the same day,or ant other dive since

thanxs for your help​

Sounds like a frontal or left maxillary sinus squeeze. There's nothing in the eyeball itself that should respond the way you have described the event. If you know you tolerate it well, you can try a nasal decongestant (like oxymetazoline .05%). But beware the "rebound."
I'm *not* a doc, so this isn't "medical advice" - just experience.
For a diving doc, see
http://www.scuba-doc.com/
Have fun,
Rick

Couldn't have said it better myself!

scubadoc

Dear TooShort:
[sp]This is most likely a sinus problem as indicated above and not a problem with decompression. Feet-first descents are often helpful. :rolleyes:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom