Eyesea sonar, how do you initialize the units?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Banshee Ben

Registered
Reaction score
I have an eyesea unit and have trouble initializeing the unit. Thier directions are fairly vague so I was wondering to the few who have working units how do you prepare for a dive with them?

Make sure the batteries are in correctly [there's a diagram molded into the 'arm unit] receiver on the front above the battery hole. Do not use rechargeables. The 1.2 volt output of rechargables will screw it all up. push the i/o button on the transmitter and hold it down for a count of about 3. On the boat unit there are two buttons on the wreck version just one. The second button is a 'recall button. If you push that one, you'll get a continous tone instead of a pulse tone. You want a pulse tone. You should hear it start pinging. Turn on the receiver by tightening the battery plug until the screen starts up. You'll geta 'full'face display' that lights up everything on the display and then it should settle into initialization. There's a bullseye on the screen that should pulse at the same rate as the transmitter, this let's you know they 'see' each other. If you're on land, make sure the units are TOUCHING each other. It takes a couple of minutes sometimes, but the screen should come on that has the little boat and the waypoint. If none of this happens, try it again. Mine sometimes init in seconds, sometimes it takes many tries. If you have the wreck version, it automatically sets itself to channel 6. The boat version can be adjusted, I'll expalin how later if you like. It is of little concern as to what channel you're on becuase your receiver 'arm unit' will adjust to the channel that the transmitter broadcasts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom