F90X vs F100 ... to buy or not to buy??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

N90s housings vary in prices but the most affordable I have found so far with a good reputation is probably the ikelite housing. It's about half the price of nexus or sea & sea.
Hope this helps

Try www.ikelite.com to see where the nearest dealer is to you

Originally posted by sillago
N90s housings vary in prices but the most affordable I have found so far with a good reputation is probably the ikelite housing. It's about half the price of nexus or sea & sea.
Hope this helps

Try www.ikelite.com to see where the nearest dealer is to you

Thanks, I will surf the link later tonight.. and see what kind of trouble I can get into..

:bounce:

Dave

Hi,

I am not against Ikelite. Sea&Sea, Nexus and Iketlite are all reliable brands that basically do the same thing. There are reasons why Ikelite is only half the price.

Don't just surf the web, go play with all 3 housing before you take the plunge. Sea&Sea and Nexus are quite similar (look and feel).

liang

Originally posted by Liang
Don't just surf the web, go play with all 3 housing before you take the plunge. Sea&Sea and Nexus are quite similar (look and feel).

liang

OK - now I have to get serious. I have had a couple of people offer advise, I have seen a couple of the housings that have been discussed:argue: but :::::::

wheres and :eek:ldguy: like me, "borrow" the different housings, long enought to PLAY with em???

:confused:

Dave

yeah...not easy to make decisions especially when that much money is involved. The only piece of advice I can offer is if you can't try them out, then get the opinions of people who have the different systems. From what I have gleamed from the various discussions I have had, if price is a factor then the ikelite housing is probably the most economical ( I have actually gotten some quotes somewhere for nexus, sea & sea and ikelite).
As to the actualy use of the systems, I guess that depends a lot on what you want...each housing has its pros and cons (eg. size of housing, clear material to see if water is leaking (yikes!), moisture alarms, different viewing sizes, arms to fit, strobes that are compatible..list can go on and on)
Also do take into consideration what sort of lense you will be using as the cost of ports will be quite an issue.
My $0.02

Hi,

Sillago is right , there are way too many considerations.

Remember one important factor. Do find out if you have a rep near your hometown because you don't want to send your housing thousand of miles away just to get some minor servicing.

liang

Hey Liang
Just curious ..do you do much diving around S'pore? I didn't realise that there were so many S'poreans on this message board.
Maybe I should organise a meeting at a kopitiam to discuss u/w stuff with all the people from S'pore who have a common interest either in u/w photography or u/w wildlife.

:)

Hi Sillago,

I try to dive as much as I could. There are quite a lot of divers in Singapore, most of them either dive for the wrong reasons or not interested in serious UW photography.

As you can see from my thread to Tony, I am dying to have kakis to talk about UW photography, pros (dying to talk to one) and wannabees are all welcome. I am also trying to look for more buddies to dive with, most of my friends have either married or simply doesn't want to dive with me because all I want to do is to take pictures in the water, it can be quite boring and annoying to other divers. Need to have a buddy that shares the same passion, not bore with spending the whole dive looking just forAnemones.

I was so desperate that I have to sponsor my sis to dive with me in Manado last December. Maybe I should pay for a private guide rather than her.

Are you studing in Australia? My email is yew-liang.cheng@nokia.com, maybe we should email as I don't want to stuff up this website with our rubbish!!

Keep in touch, call me when you're back in Singapore.

liang

Back
Top Bottom