Faber LP 95 or Worth X7-100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seraphimx

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My LDS is selling some used Faber LP tanks and another LDS (which I totally hate) sells some new tanks at low prices. Can anyone comment on these?
Anything bad about either of these?

Faber LP 95 used tanks.
- Price 600$
Pro:
- Look like new.
- I like the torpedo look and the 8in wide factor.
- Set up as double, so comes with manifold and bands.
- Just passed Vis and Hydro (so it's included)
Cons:
- Pay cash (600$ straight up...)

Worthington X7-100 New tank:
Price: 615$(100)
Pro:
-New/5year warranty
-Galvanized not the 3 coat.
-Can pay credit.
Cons:
-80's or 90's CuFt underfilled.
-7.25in instead of 8in?
- I hate the LDS? (not much else)

Just noticed the other LDS add says, comes with :

-Vale
-Boot
-VIP
-Fill

Maybe these X7-100 are some of those Worthington with due Hydro?, and they'll ask me to cough up 100$ more?)

worthingtons are a PITA to hydro, have to print out the special hydro instructions and tape them to the tank every time. 95's dont trim out well for everyone, they can be pretty top heavy. I have problems getting mine to trim well for single tank, but I love them for sidemount.

As noted above taller divers can have trouble trimming 95s out. $600 is a wee bit on the high side but given their condition and new hydro perhaps not so bad. What manifold? If 200 bar then that might be enough to buy them considering you are getting two cylinders versus one

- Heavier Top side? The top of the tank (where the valve is) or they are heavier at surface?
(Checking the specs it's kinda normal the LP95 are heavier over water)

- I'm not tall, 5'-6", so the trimming might not be problematic for me.

-The manifold as far as I could see looked and I guess is this one, since the LDS is big on OMS valves.
valve-all-577.jpg

-Also comes with the booties.

My main question, won't the lower weight and size of the Worthington be a plus or it'll be just a PITA to get them filled and inspected?

They are both difficult to trim out in fresh water if you are closer to 6' if you are taller forget about both. They are short tanks.

I have the same 100's and love them. Best weight/bouyancy out of all the tanks IMO. The 95's are heavier than the 100's but I guess it's easier to get a proper fill if your in an area that can't fill tanks right. I have them in singles and doubles. Again I do not have the issue i hear about with fills. I have had my tanks filled by several different LDS and ALways get a good fill 3400-3600 once cooled. When I was reasearching the Tanks I wanted the Lightest tank with the Most size (air) which I see as the XS Xscuba HP100's. The nice thing about the LP tanks is that if they are over filled you can get significantly more air if it is needed. I have hea that doing this wears down the tanks more though but I do not know if there is any truth to this.

If I am only doing a dive to 60' or so I can do an hour dive with no problem not all at 60'. If its a shallower dive or a drop down and multi-level I can get 2 dives out of 1 tank. My SAC rate is pretty and gets better as time goes on. If your worried about how much air you use I would focus more on how your breathing also make sure your trim is good, weighted properlly and streamlined as much as possible. Good luck

XS Scuba Worthington Steel Cylinder Specifications

i'm 5'9" and have trouble trimming them out well. They are a shorter tank so more of the weight is over your shoulders. I have to loosen my shoulder straps and tighten the crotch strap to get them to balance and even then they are still top heavy vs say a lp85.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom