Family Dive/Snorkel vacation ideas??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check out http://www.kidseacamp.com/ It's a very well run operation that takes great care of your kids and gives you time for 2-3 dives/day. I was there, in Curacao, with my family in the summer of 2002. At the time my daughter was 11 and my son was 6. There are lots of other kids and parents, and we all had a great time. While we where there my daughter completed her jr padi course. It's kind of pricey but, at least in this case, you do get what you pay for.

You should also look at Anthony's Key Resort. Since they run a kid's camp during the summer, they encourage and cater to families. If your kids are interested in diving, this would be the perfect place for a referral course.

WELCOME to ScubaBoard!!
Never thought of kid's diving camps until I read your post, then realized that there must be a few, because I read a few days ago that someone had there children qualified at seacamp. Just didn't register.
Must be getting "sometimers".
You've apparently done some serious diving. I see you've been around for a while (two months), getting your feet wet? I hope your ready to dive in and give and get information and use all the sources available to you through this site.

Tom

While kids camp is nice...and Anthony's Key does it right, your kids are old enough to do their OW certs.
Now how cool would that be?
Being able to go on DIVE vacations with your kids.
I have a 5 year old and I can't wait until she turns 10.
That's going to be her 10th birthday present, a trip to Roatan to do her OW.
For now she's a snorkelling fool and loving the reef.

Hi Neil: We have been to Fantasy Island on a number of occasions and we really enjoy the facility and the diving.....we are headed back 2nd week of July for a 9 day stay. As much as I love FIDR I am forced to second Dandy Don's advice that it's not really a place for kids, although I have on occasions seen a number of children the age group of your two. Anthony's Key is quite a bit more in cost however. A possible alternative might be to arrange for a day excursion for the kids to Anthony's to view and participate in the dolphin adventure. I know the cruise ships visit there so probably you could arrange something. If the kids like the pool, Fantasy Island has a relative new very nice pool(just keep them away from the swim-up bar, ha, ha!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom