Fantasea Line Sales - SB Discount!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Photography may not be a commodity but the equipment used to take photos is.
When a diver is looking for to equip themself with a camera and strobe on a budget and they can get the same equipment under a different label for 20% less or even more then the label doesn't mean anything. When you attempt to drum up business for yourself on a forum like this one saying you'll give SBers a percentage off and your price is still 20% higher than the same unit then something is wrong.
What some on this and a couple of other recent threads will notice is that I also have been helpful to other divers looking into P&S cameras and strobes. The difference is I don't have any sales at stake don't mind sending people to a website selling the same gear at a rock bottom price.
I'll say one positive thing for you. You gave an honest review of the gear that has been discussed while other dealers might have tried to up sell some of the poeple that were obviously looking for budget gear.
As for the cable end you developed with Fanatsea I've seen the difference and while it is a nice fix to the Intova/Pixtreme version it isn't worth over twice the price. A dab of clear RTV to retain the cable is a very effective fix to the cable slipping out as is threading the cable through the housing loop.

RAWalker;

I'm not now an Intova Dealer. I've been looking at the line, but have taken on a lot of other products of late. However, I did ask their sales manager Phil Crowe if the dealers you linked to were legitimate.

It's funny that you sent me this Fad Fusion because I came across the same website today while at one of my dealers in San Diego. I will find out who this is and put a stop to this. They are not a dealer and have our products listed BELOW dealer cost. I feel sorry for anyone that actually tries to buy from this outfit. Either way, it just gives us and every other Intova dealer a bad name.

From Intova's website: "Warranty coverage only applies to the original purchaser, when purchased from an authorized Intova dealer. Proof of Purchase from authorized dealer must be included with all warranty returns."

So many of the links you've posted pricing from are not legitimate dealers, and the products purchased from them are without a valid warranty from Intova.

Intova does have MAP pricing; ie prices that legitimate dealers cannot advertise for less than, a common industry practice. It levels the playing field to support wider distribution and better service from smaller dealers for the consumer. If dealers advertise for less than MAP they loose their dealership.

The places you've quoted pricing from may be ok for some like yourself who just want the lowest possible price - if they really do deliver the product - and that's fine. But I think other divers might want to know what they're getting.

I am an authorized dealer for all the lines I carry and offer factory warranties and support, as well as advice and help before and after purchase.

Jack

"I loose money on every deal, but I'll make it up in volume"...;-)

Last edited:
Here we go again with the gray market vs authorized dealer BS we get from so many LDS.
Funny thing is I think the land based photographic equipment industry was one of the first to come up with this tactic.

But if Intova wants to play the game that is fine as someone that is aware of recent rulings and the Sherman act they (Intova) must be actively persueing control of both MAP (minumum advertised price) and MRP (minimum retail price). Also they must active regulate their distribution and supply system before they can reject warranty claims from a customer who purchased from a reseller who is licenced to operate a retail business as unauthorized.

Unfortunately most individuals making such purchases don't have the resources to pursue warranty claims against companies like these on their own and don't know that there are government resources to help them. But in most cases solid state electronics never need service under warranty and as such buyers that take advantage of the grey market sellers are completely satisfied with their purchases and the saving.
So in many cases warranty and "authorized dealer lists" are as big a scam as extented warranties sold. chances are you never need them.

In the case of underwater photographic equipment a insurance policy for flooding damage and loss or theft is a better value.
In the case of purchasing a strobe for $106 vs $180 that savings can pay for the insurance for a complete P&S outfit for the year imagine the savings of the rest of the outfit bought grey market and it may pay the insurance bill for 3 years or more. Since these policies are generally either replacement or agreed value policies you'll often be compensated with enough money to purchase from a authorized dealer the second time around. But why do that when you can pocket the difference again. In many cases 3-5 years is the useful life of the camera since manufacturers support for repairs tends to end in that timeframe and technology changes enough to intrest most people in upgrade to their outfit.

Hmmm,
Sure looks the same as the Nano for $83.88
PIXTREME EXTERNAL PX-21 PX21
And the sync cable for $9.89
PROVANTAGE: Intova PX25 Pixtreme Flash Fiber Optic Cable

Jack I think you'll have to do better to really help SBers!

If your trying to help SB'ers at least quote prices from a reputable company! Check out the reseller rating and horror stories from this site on people who have tried to buy from your PIXTREME link.

electOtronics - electotronics.com - Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings

rating: 1.94 out of 10....

I'm not defending overpricing or MAP pricing, but the playing field has to be a little level. Just because it's advertised at a price doesn't mean you will ACTUALLY be able to purchase it at that price. There are many "shops" that I have seen that are advertising equipment at discount prices. When you place the order they want you to confirm verbally, and that's when the upselling starts. When you don't purchase the "super-fast-you-have-to-have-it" 4gig SD card for $100 your discounted camera is now suddenly "out of stock." I've seen this complaint on many stores from the Brooklyn area, it seems to be the new business model.

Check the rating before you place an order. Sometimes you actually get what you pay for, and don't do us any favors by sending SB'ers to these sites.

Rick

Back
Top Bottom