Fathers Day Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paleface

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We had a great fathers day dive. We ran my boat 17 miles offshore out of the IRI De. Three divers and one diver along for the ride because of health issues,but it was great to have his help (thanks Eric).
We headed out in cloudy skies and some pretty good rollers coming at us for my 28' boat. Arrived at our destination with no problem finding the wreck with my sonar but it was a different story with the grapnel. We finally hooked in on the fourth try but we'll call it three,one we wont count because the anchor and chain got so fouled it wouldnt have hooked an underwater bridge.
We suited up for the first of two dives. I was the last to go down in 90fsw,viz was 10-15.As I was being helped to gear up my friend bolts for the back of the boat and I thank him for making it. In short time he was back to helping out again. One diver was looking for trinkets,one spear fishing,and me just site seeing. Our first diver down got four nice flounder,and the second didnt find anything worth scavenging. I was just enjoying the down time and sites,lots of fish and several sub-legal lobsters. On the second dive we bought up a nice one.
We had two nice dives and it was time to pull the anchor and head in with the seas increasing and a rain shower hitting us. It was a good fathers day!
Thanks guys

Last edited:
Thanx for the trip on your boat Kieth.
Hopefully my inflamed lymph node will sort itself out for this weekend. Note to self "a hangover plus good rollers = puke" lol!
I am allways ready to dive or crew and meeting new people was item #3 I think in the padi advanced book I think? Devon diver pointed that out, "go places and meet people".
Eric

Back
Top Bottom