Favorite dives for an out of towner?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would highly recommend Aquatic Safaris out of Wilmington. I did a few dives with them and they were always fantastic. Plus as was already mentioned there is alot to do in the Wilmington Historic District.

Joe

Personally, I dont like Aquatic Safaris. One of their "new" boats failed a coast guard sea trial a while back as I recall. It was fixed and should be fine now, but in general I think their boats are fine for Florida diving but not that great for NC diving. MY OWN OPINION.

~Marlinspike

Just so you know. Aquatic Safaris never took delivery of the boat that failed the USCG stability test. It was sold as a research vessel. Aquatic Safaris's new boat is a different boat all together, wider and longer. It had no problem what so ever passing the stability test. The USCG inspector said the new boat is "one of the finest vessels he's inspected in 29 years."

In case you think the Aquatic Safaris's boats are not good for NC diving, we just returned from a big seas day running out at 16knts and back at 22knts. The boat "ate it up". Everybody had a great dive.

Pat

Everyone I've talked to really like Aquatic Safaris new boat. It's big, fast, and has plenty of space out of the shade/spray. I didn't always enjoy the smaller boat on the long offshore trips, but I'll ride on the new boat any day.

Rich

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom