Fawlty Tours

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andrew Jones

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
an excerpt from the local paper ( Cairns Post ) 4/3/2009

Hi folks, plenty to report....

Day 1 : Our skipper was knocked out

Day 2 : We tied up the chef

Day 3 : The boat ran aground

Wish you were here!

Guests on board a Cairns based dive vessell were taken for a wild ride last month, with there skipper knocked unconscious, the cook arrested after being hog tied by the crew and the vessell running aground. on the reef.

And who said diving is boring !!!!

yikes. I wasn't all that impressed by Taka, but that's nuts. I don't get the part where they say most guests still rated the trip as good, hard to believe. Some people must have really low standards.

2 Observations I made from this scenario.

Firstly, can a Chef be arrested for being in possession of a knife??

Secondly, karma does exist.

When another operator had a situation recently where 2 divers dissapeared for a few hours a certain operators senior staff member took great pleasure in ringing us to advise us about how that might effect their credibility in the dive industry, when support was what was really required and supplied by others.

Yes chefs can be arrested.
When travelling to work knives are supposed to be inside a locked bag.
Dont know about once at work......I would expect if they were being used for things other than cutting meat, ie, cutting the captains throat, you could be arrested.

Obviously the guy doesnt take critic lightly,

Well I don't think I will be using TAKA in the future!!

why not... i wouldnt be against booking a Taka trip at all!

one of the basic reasons is that there are less and less liveaboard dive ops in sunny queensland these days and 2, why the heck not...... all would add to the fun i reckon :D

cheer

why not... i wouldnt be against booking a Taka trip at all!

one of the basic reasons is that there are less and less liveaboard dive ops in sunny queensland these days and 2, why the heck not...... all would add to the fun i reckon :D

cheer

I agree:D. I dove with them in November and had a great time. But this trip sounded even better. You usually only get adventure like that in the movies.:wink::pirate2:

yikes. I wasn't all that impressed by Taka, but that's nuts. I don't get the part where they say most guests still rated the trip as good, hard to believe. Some people must have really low standards.

low standards????......really! You meant "lower expectations" I hope.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom