Feburary ABWA wetsuit dive date discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brock, you've created a monster. Lol

Water temps should be that to the season....................Bone cold. Brrrrrrrrr. Nope, no ambulance. On my off days I don't even think EMS. I do however sometimes remember I have a full ALS trauma kit in the trailer. But remember I said I was off. Lol.

Today I just ordered a 80,000 BTU gas propane heater. I'll have the pop up and also today ordered a long tarp to use for sides. While it will be far from luxury, it will provide a nice place to warm the timbers up some afterward.

So grab your bathing suit and join the ABWA Tech Angels. I think what we need to have is a scooter race now that Paige is volnteering, she can be the bikini clad gal waiving the white and black checkerd racing flag at the finish line.

Ladies, grab your scooters, set the pitch and throttle down. Lol

Kenny

A scooter race! Woo hoo! I'm good at racing...lots of practice in the Miata :D

Uh...I will need a faster scooter, though...

Doesn't Steve Parker have that new Cuda? If I can borrow that, I'll race :)

What type of water temperatures are you volunteering me to expose my bare skin to? You are bringing the ambulance instead of the dive trailer, right? And you do realize I typically wear TWO wetsuits in 68* water, right?

Paige, y'know, my boyfriend works for RPS in South Hoover. I bet I could get him to standby at ABWA when he's not on a 911 call. See, now you have an ambulance on standby...you've got no excuse not to get into the water LOL!

Heck, I'll even loan you my 7mm wet suit :D

What type of water temperatures are you volunteering me to expose my bare skin to? You are bringing the ambulance instead of the dive trailer, right? And you do realize I typically wear TWO wetsuits in 68* water, right?

Based on a vast amount of intensive climatolgical research (which translates to I asked Steven last Saturday) the water temp in February should be 52 degrees. :coffee:

I guess I'm in on this whole bikini diving since I was volunteered by my father =O
I am sure it will be good fun even if it will be chilly!

Welcome to the forum Miss TecXX. Watch out for the crazy people.

Water temps should be that to the season....................Bone cold. Brrrrrrrrr. Nope, no ambulance. On my off days I don't even think EMS. I do however sometimes remember I have a full ALS trauma kit in the trailer. But remember I said I was off. Lol.
Oh, yes, that just garners such trust and enthusiasm. Hypothermia sounds like fun!

So grab your bathing suit and join the ABWA Tech Angels. I think what we need to have is a scooter race now that Paige is volnteering, she can be the bikini clad gal waiving the white and black checkerd racing flag at the finish line.
How about I be the one waving the flag at the start and then I jump out. :D I'll do that. I won't match, though. I don't have tech gear.

Paige, y'know, my boyfriend works for RPS in South Hoover. I bet I could get him to standby at ABWA when he's not on a 911 call. See, now you have an ambulance on standby...you've got no excuse not to get into the water LOL!

I'll probably get in the water. I just don't guarantee I'll stay in for longer than it takes my lips to turn blue...which is not long. And I've got 9 mm. between my two wetsuits already. Now, if I could add the 7 mil.... I just don't know that I'm getting in in my bikini in......oh......
Based on a vast amount of intensive climatolgical research (which translates to I asked Steven last Saturday) the water temp in February should be 52 degrees. :coffee:
What he said ^. 52* water. I'm getting cold just thinking about it. Plus February air temps. We're all crazy.

A scooter race! Woo hoo! I'm good at racing...lots of practice in the Miata :D

Uh...I will need a faster scooter, though...

Doesn't Steve Parker have that new Cuda? If I can borrow that, I'll race :)

Race!!! I need to catch up on my X skills. Im sure even without the Cuda you would whip my butt :shocked2:

Race!!! I need to catch up on my X skills. Im sure even without the Cuda you would whip my butt :shocked2:

But, you've got that "shift on the fly" thing...that makes racing so much more fun! :)

Oh, yes, that just garners such trust and enthusiasm. Hypothermia sounds like fun!

How about I be the one waving the flag at the start and then I jump out. :D I'll do that. I won't match, though. I don't have tech gear.

I've got an ton of experience dealing with hypothermia (mountain climbing in Alaska was my previous hobby before diving!) and it's not so bad...once you quit shivering :wink:

Maybe it will snow and sleet that weekend to add to the "ambiance" of the event. The end of January last year it snowed around our little farm pond.

Attachments

• DSCN4661.jpg
    DSCN4661.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 44

No wetsuits allowd for the Tech Angels.

Brrrrrrrrrrr,

Kenny

Back
Top Bottom