feedback on Atomic regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ditto that...

I have an M1 setup with T2 octo and a Z1 with T2 octo. Both work flawlessly.

I own a Z1, great reg.

How much do you guys pay for servicing ?

I'm not happy with my local Atomic rep. Plan on sending it back to Atomic for regular service.

I have a B1 with two Ti2 second stages. I love it to death. They are beautifully made inside and out, materials are high quality, and breath very very easy, natural and smooth. I like it so much, that I got another one to put together a doubles set, and am looking into buying more for stage bottles after I get some tech diving training.

Labor charges at my LDS are $30 for a first stage, $20 for each second stage. I think it's a little steep. (Service kit prices should be about the same everywhere.)

I also just bought a Scubapro MK25/S600 reg on Ebay as part of a larger deal. I was going to resell the Scubapro reg, but I think I'll try it for a few dives to get a comparison with the Atomics. :D

gqllc once bubbled...
I have 4 of them. 2 M-1's and 2 T2's. I love them! I like the M-1's the best!

Did you mean 2 M1's and 2 T1's? Or perhaps 2 B2's?
Are you using them for doubles and stages?

paulwlee once bubbled...
Labor charges at my LDS are $30 for a first stage, $20 for each second stage. I think it's a little steep. (Service kit prices should be about the same everywhere.)

I was given a written quote of $75 plus parts when I dropped off my Z1 w/ Scubapro octo. I returned and had to pay $145. They said the service kit parts cost $70.

Is this how much you guys pay ?

I got angry at the LDS because I wasn't expecting to pay almost double the written quote. I thought they mislead me and should have told me it was going to cost $145 plus any parts beyond the service kit. Finally, the reg doesn't breathe as easy as before they serviced it.

I have 2 M-1's (first and second stages) and I have 2 B1/Ti2's.
I like the larger exhaust T on the M1( I do UW video) and I dive in stronger currents sometimes so the Purge cover of the M1 is also more preferable. All 4 reg's breathe excellent.

ronrosa once bubbled...

I was given a written quote of $75 plus parts when I dropped off my Z1 w/ Scubapro octo. I returned and had to pay $145. They said the service kit parts cost $70.

Is this how much you guys pay ?

I got angry at the LDS because I wasn't expecting to pay almost double the written quote. I thought they mislead me and should have told me it was going to cost $145 plus any parts beyond the service kit. Finally, the reg doesn't breathe as easy as before they serviced it.

The labor would be the same for any brand of regulator, and looks like the labor charge is about the same as where I go to. However, I paid a lot less for parts. I think it was ~$50 for one first stage and two second stages, but I'm not sure. Maybe Scubapro parts were a little more expensive? (However, this seems unlikely, as I heard that Atomic use higher quality material in general.. "No expense spared")

paulwlee once bubbled...

Maybe Scubapro parts were a little more expensive? (However, this seems unlikely, as I heard that Atomic use higher quality material in general.. "No expense spared")

Don't remember the exact itemization, but the "Official Atomic Service Kits" for the 1st and 2nd stages were expensive.

Atomic primary and secondary, Scubapro octo. $75 for labor, $70 for service kits.

Just trying to find out if I was just mislead or ripped off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom