FELIPE XICOTANCATL C-53 - Aldora Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice video!!!, as for the sound track I am not sure which is which will cause the most nightmares, advanced hip hop or Celtic music to a fish genocide event. The 3+ Black is an amazing camera, still using a Hero 2 but I am leaning towards an upgrade

The hero 3 black will do 1080p @ 60fps. I will buy one before I go back to Coz. The 2 will only do 60fps at 720 - which looks bad on todays HD TV's etc.

Nice video too. :)

I almost forgot, I HIGHLY recomend one of these to use to video:

POV Camera Poles | UKPro - GoPro® Cases, Poles and Accessories

Much steadier than head mount, safer (you can hand it up at end of dive), strap for wrist is awesome, and you can flip it to vid yourself: Cozumel 2012 Back Roll Entry w/ GoPro Hero 2 + Backscatter Housing on Vimeo

I love using a pole now!

Post some more vids if you took any! Hope to se emore!

Yeah - I hate that they do that!!!

nice vid. I haven't dove the c-53 since the year after it was sunk. looks like it's finally starting to develop as a reef.

a quick GoPro question: do you guys roll off the boat with it on you, or do you have the Captain hand it to you once in the water?

I was told NEVER to roll with my regular camera, but the GP is so small, I didn't know if you could or not.

nice vid. I haven't dove the c-53 since the year after it was sunk. looks like it's finally starting to develop as a reef.

a quick GoPro question: do you guys roll off the boat with it on you, or do you have the Captain hand it to you once in the water?

I was told NEVER to roll with my regular camera, but the GP is so small, I didn't know if you could or not.
Entry with camera is ill-advised not due to the size of the camera, but because the impact could cause the housing to be breached. The sturdier the housing, the less of a chance entry will affect it. However, if you're in a situation where you can't have the camera handed to you, cradle it against your stomach, protect it with your arms as best you can, and the impact will be minimized.

I have done both. Understand the concern for housing compromise but the GoPro has a pretty sturdy housing with a small total volume. I have multiple videos of me and my friends rolling off taken by the GoPro which would not have been possible with other larger cameras. Not saying that eventually the housing won't fail however.

Back
Top Bottom