Ferry Cebu-Bohol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Titatom

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We'll be in Mactan a couple of days and would like to see the tarsier monkeys in Bohol. I understand that there are ferries leaving from Cebu/Mactan to Bohol and vice versa. We're thinking of a day tour - no overnight in Bohol as our hotel will be in Cebu.

I did some research on the ferries. Is OceanJet the same as the FastCat? Are there any better ferry options? Which online booking site is most reliable for booking the ferry tickets?

Thank you.

Ocean Jet and Fast Cat is different company.
Super Cat also has schedule as well.
Both Ocean Jet and Super Cat departs from Pier 1.
No idea where Fast Cat departs from.
There are at least 4 Piers and spread over quite a distance. Make sure you go to the respective one.
The ticket booth at Pier 1 is NOT inside the building, just a short walk away.
Unless you are travelling during Christmas or Holy week or Sinulog Festival, there is no need to book ahead. Bring your passport along to buy the ticket.

Yes Ocean Jet is the fastest way from Cebu City to Tagbilaren in Bohol. There are also ferries to Talibon in the north end of Bohol. I don't know if one can do the return ferries and land transport to the tarsier sanctuary in one day...if you can, it would be a long exhausting one. It's easiest to book the ferry tickets at a travel agency in Cebu (Ayala IT Mall has many) and maybe the whole tour.

Yes Ocean Jet is the fastest way from Cebu City to Tagbilaren in Bohol. There are also ferries to Talibon in the north end of Bohol. I don't know if one can do the return ferries and land transport to the tarsier sanctuary in one day...if you can, it would be a long exhausting one. It's easiest to book the ferry tickets at a travel agency in Cebu (Ayala IT Mall has many) and maybe the whole tour.
Ocean Jet is NOT the fastest.
All the ferries have fixed schedule and they can all get cancel for no reason. PERIOD.

Dead easy to go there DIY.
Only naïve tourists would organize a trip from Cebu.
Long exhausting trip!!!!! What a load of rubbish.

You do not know what you do not know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom