FF bungee adjustment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yakandjak

Reaction score
Is there a way I can tighten the tension on the bungee heal strap? I understand the fins are not likely to fall off my foot but I would like the strap to stay in place on my heal. It only happens on my right foot so this isn't really a sizing issue. Thanks.

Burt

yes, if you the bungie is a multipart system. There is a collar that surrounds the bungie. If you carefully pull that collar back (towards the middle of the bungie), you will see a small metal crimp on the bungie, you can then move the crimp up and replace the collar. You have to be very careful in doing it, as I have been told that its very easy to break the collar.

YouTube - Bungie heel strap adjustment

Find the separation line between the mounting bracket and the locking sleeve or barrel. Once you have located the separation line use a thin flat head screw driver, spackle knife or thin blade tool to separate the barrel (locking sleeve) from the bracket.
Once the barrel is away from the mounting bracket the bungie needs to be twisted back and forth as you move the bungie into the mounting bracket and shortening the bungie. Once desired length has been made bring the barrel back onto the mounting bracket and use pliers to snap and lock the barrel back into place and securing the bungie heel strap.

This only needs to be done on one side of the heel strap and you do not have to take the straps off the fins.

Wow. That really was pretty easy, and I'm a mental midget when it comes to fixing stuff. On both fins pressing the screwdriver into the slot caused the locking barrel to pop loose. the hardest part was the bungee twisting on one of the fins...it didn't want to move. So I just switched to the other side and it moved much easier. I found channel locks to work easier than standard pliers to lock the locking barrel back in place.

Repeating the process would take about 60 seconds per fin, so fine tuning on a dive boat with the proper tools would be a piece of cake.

Love me some force fins! Thanks again for the help.

-Burt-

I've just got a pair of pros I use for tropical diving. Kept up with my dad (who is a much better swimmer than I) wearing my old full foot Mares Avanti's...Scuba magazine's fastest fin in 2007. Yeah, right.

While I have your ear Blair, I did have a bit of a problem getting them to fit. I got an XL and I have a wide foot (11 EE). I couldn't find a pair of soft soled boots that would fit in the fin pocket so I ended up layering a tube sock, a 3mm neoprene sock, and another 3mm neoprene sock. This seemed to fill the footpocket nicely, but is just kind of a pain.

Have you seen this problem before and can you suggest a pair of boots or any other solution that might help me out. Comfort instep perhaps?

Thanks again.

Burt

I wear a 13 wide shoe and can't get my soft soled 3mm into an XL either. I wear the XXL and can fit my Drysuit boot into it nicely then put the comfort instep in to use it with my 3mm bootie. Works great. The instep things are one of the many great things about ForceFins.

I guess I'll try in insteps then. I'll let you know how it goes.

I got the fins about two months ago.

Thanks again guys!

-Burt-

Back
Top Bottom