Bungee type in cold water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A.

Bungee pulled from the outside, under the valve and over the "horn".
This pulls on the cylinder to roll up your side and tucks under your armpit

My mods to have the knot and tails (whipped with twine) makes it easier to grab the tail and unhook it from the horn. Essential with drygloves.

I'll preface this by saying I've done hundreds of NE wreck dives sidemount, both open circuit and CCR. I used to use mountain bike tire tubes as bungees forever. When I moved to Florida full time during the pandemic, I was out of diving for two or three years and started back cave diving, open circuit sidemount. My good friend and neighbor here is a great cave instructor and I asked him why he keeps butterfly clips around the necks of his primary tanks, because I'm always loathe to add even another clip to the stuff I've already got. He said, "Try it, clip those up first and then put the bungees around the valves . . ." Yup, way easier. Thanks Edd!

I'll preface this by saying I've done hundreds of NE wreck dives sidemount, both open circuit and CCR. I used to use mountain bike tire tubes as bungees forever. When I moved to Florida full time during the pandemic, I was out of diving for two or three years and started back cave diving, open circuit sidemount. My good friend and neighbor here is a great cave instructor and I asked him why he keeps butterfly clips around the necks of his primary tanks, because I'm always loathe to add even another clip to the stuff I've already got. He said, "Try it, clip those up first and then put the bungees around the valves . . ." Yup, way easier. Thanks Edd!
I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean.

What is butterfly clips?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom