Fiesta Americana info???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaFlea

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings all,

Can anyone tell me the current condition of the Fiesta Amer. hotel? I'm going down in a few weeks and was wondering if they had completed the repairs on the outdoor restaurant.

thx all, good diving.

SeaFlea:
Greetings all,

Can anyone tell me the current condition of the Fiesta Amer. hotel? I'm going down in a few weeks and was wondering if they had completed the repairs on the outdoor restaurant.

thx all, good diving.

I hope it is...going there in October!

As of August 31: The palapa was still off the outside restaurant and the sides were boarded - no work had started on it; buffet breakfast and lunch were in the restaurant across the street; dinner was in the speciality restaurant.

The inside of the hotel is fine. The lobby and rooms are clean and up to speed. The pool, pool area, pool bar and outside bar are okay. The staff is doing a good job. Everything works okay.

The outside of the property needs a facelift though. Lots of roof tiles are broken. The pier is operational but its sides need repair.

LOL. Sounds exactly the same as it was 2 years ago then!

We loved the place. Quiet (there in off-season), food was great (Dinners mainly, but no complaints with the earlier meals either.)

I'd go back any time, but first we're making our rounds to a few more places.

Texas Diver:
As of August 31: The palapa was still off the outside restaurant and the sides were boarded - no work had started on it; buffet breakfast and lunch were in the restaurant across the street; dinner was in the speciality restaurant.

The inside of the hotel is fine. The lobby and rooms are clean and up to speed. The pool, pool area, pool bar and outside bar are okay. The staff is doing a good job. Everything works okay.

The outside of the property needs a facelift though. Lots of roof tiles are broken. The pier is operational but its sides need repair.

Thx for the feedback. Sounds like the topside time will be agreeable. Glad the pool bar is operable, first things first.

I will second the previously made comments by Texas Diver, after just returning from FA yesterday (9/11). No changes have occurred that differ from Texas Diver's description.
That said, we had a GREAT time there, service was very good and the breakfasts were not bad either (didn't do the full AI package). The facility was very clean, and the diving (with Blue XT Sea) was outstanding - will try to put together a trip report soon. Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom