Fifth-dX on Ebay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gomi_otaku

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I just noticed a brand new (zero feedback rating) Ebay user selling all kinds of DIR gear on Ebay- just do a search under sporting goods for "DIR". Seller is listed as "Fifth-dX" or something similar.
All the Halcyon/GUE/DIR stuff for sale.
I especially like the warning on the "scooter package"-
<cut> Before pulling the trigger and disappearing down the wall, consider getting some training on figuring out what the heck you're doing.<cut>
Whoever this is, needs to learn how to sell effectively on Ebay- for one thing, don't start an item out less than 10% less than it sells for in the LDS, you'll never get a bidding war that way! And maybe good pictures (include *ALL* items you are listing in the auction, duh!) and a detailed description would help...
And I thought all the manufacturers and dive shops thought that selling on Ebay was damaging their reputations....
gomi_

gomi_otaku:
I just noticed a brand new (zero feedback rating) Ebay user selling all kinds of DIR gear on Ebay- just do a search under sporting goods for "DIR". Seller is listed as "Fifth-dX" or something similar.
All the Halcyon/GUE/DIR stuff for sale.
I especially like the warning on the "scooter package"-
<cut> Before pulling the trigger and disappearing down the wall, consider getting some training on figuring out what the heck you're doing.<cut>
Whoever this is, needs to learn how to sell effectively on Ebay- for one thing, don't start an item out less than 10% less than it sells for in the LDS, you'll never get a bidding war that way! And maybe good pictures (include *ALL* items you are listing in the auction, duh!) and a detailed description would help...
And I thought all the manufacturers and dive shops thought that selling on Ebay was damaging their reputations....
gomi_

Well he's most definitely DIR with that attitude of his.....:D :D

kidding...:wink:

I think this is just 5thD-X trying to get another avenue for advertising/marketing their products. Prices are pretty much the same as on their website, but a lot of people look at e-bay.

I think it's odd that some of the materials are located in Berkeley and Cupertino. My last purchasing round with 5th D was totally unsatisfactory. They screwed up the order, took several months and repeated phone calls to credit my CC and I ate postage two times for their ineptness. Grrrrh. X

The old Fifth-D www.fifthd.com is now Pacific Rim Aquatics, in Issaquah Washington. AG sold his interest in this business, and I think there was some agreement for them to transition to their new name over time. There was a thread from h3ll on TDS about the customer service their online website a few months ago. I don't have any personal experience with these guys.

5thd-x www.5thd-x.com is AG's new training company, along with Joe and Delia. They also sell equipment including The X-Scooter from AG and Bens Dive-Xtras company http://www.dive-xtras.com/ and other stuff including basically the whole "H" line of products. Like most DIR oriented stuff including most stuff from "H", I think the X-Scooter has MAP pricing. (That would warrant its own thread.)

Its not odd at all that some of the products from 5thd-x are located in Berkeley and some are from Cupertino, since that's where these guys live. :D

Disclosure: I have no financial interest in any of these companies, I'm just a happy 5thd-x student and customer.

StSomewhere:
The old Fifth-D www.fifthd.com is now Pacific Rim Aquatics, in Issaquah Washington. AG sold his interest in this business, and I think there was some agreement for them to transition to their new name over time. There was a thread from h3ll on TDS about the customer service their online website a few months ago. I don't have any personal experience with these guys.

Its not odd at all that some of the products from 5thd-x are located in Berkeley and some are from Cupertino, since that's where these guys live. :D

Disclosure: I have no financial interest in any of these companies, I'm just a happy 5thd-x student and customer.

I appreciate the clarification. I hope the latest iteration of 5th D is a better one from than the one I dealt with in WA. X

Back
Top Bottom