• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Fiji 2021

Discussion in 'The Pacific Islands' started by LoriB, Aug 28, 2020.

1. moorish8idol

moorish8idol Contributor

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I am also very interested in whether there is even a remote chance of Fiji reopening. I have had a Tonga trip booked for end of September 2021 for the past 2 years and the plan (and my reservations with a hefty deposit) was to fly via Fiji and spend the first week there diving in Savusavu. Knock on wood, I should also be fully vaccinated before September.... and even though Fiji has started their AZ rollout (with hotel and tourism workers in a priority list of people to be vaccinated before the general population), I am really worried it is not going to happen. And if I can't get to Fiji, I can't get to Tonga!

If anyone has the insider downlow, would love to hear it!

2. clownfishsydney

clownfishsydney Contributor

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    Extremely unlikely Fiji will open to any country except Australia and New Zealand and some other South Pacific countries. Australia and NZ will open a tourist bubble in a few weeks and it is expected that other Covid free countries will also join. Since most of their tourist income comes from Australia and NZ, they are not going to let people from non-bubble countries in as Australia and NZ would then expel Fiji from the bubble.