Fiji Aggressor Trip 10-7-06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divebuddy68

Contributor
Reaction score
I got back on Sunday from a week on the Fiji Aggressor. Getting to the boat is a long process. In addition to the long flight from NY, it's a 4 hour van ride from the airport. Ouch! The boat is nice but is getting worn and in need of some work. It's a relatively small boat that holds only 10 divers. The common areas are tight and there is only a small area for sunning on the bow with 1 lounge chair. We had the master cabin which was huge with at least 10-15 drawers & a closet. Staff, as usual, was very good. They even cleaned our gear at the end of the week. Overall, I prefer the set up on the other Aggressor boats.

There were several crossings totalling about 20 hours. They were very rough. Once they started no one could leave there current position. It was just not possible to walk. If you get sea sick or even if you think you may get sea sick take lots of meds.

October is supposed to be the best month for diving in Fiji. We had 2 hours of sun the entire week. Viz was decent, but not great.

The highlight of diving in Fiji is the pinnacles and the soft corals. It is truely amazing to see the pinnacles rising from 3,000 feet to within a few feet of the surface. The colors of the soft corals are spectacular. Also, the best way to describe the quantity of the tropical fish on the reefs is to say that they were overcrowded. Seriously, the reefs were packed with fish. Some cool stuff like Blue Ribbon Eels, Lion Fish, Pipe Fish, Leaf Fish & lots of Nudis. More diversity than a lot of places, but not as much as say Indonesia.

We did not see another dive boat the entire week. In fact, we hardly saw any boats at all. That was great.

Let me know if I can help you out with any questions.

Great report. I returned a month ago from diving the Bligh waters, and it was fantastic. I understand Indonesia has the most diversity, but is it actually prettier than Fiji?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom