Fiji - anyone with experience at Fiji Club or Malolo Lalai Lagoon Resort Club?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HJ

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello Scubaboarders,
I will be moving between jobs soon and have 3.5 weeks to myself. I found a couple of RCI timeshares in Fiji - one is Fiji Club at Pacific Harbour and the other Malolo Lalai Lagoon Resort Club.

Currently I am considering either one week in each place or two weeks at Malolo Lalai. I'll be by myself (I'm a woman) so I'm a bit wary of safety too as I don't think there is onsite restaurant at either of the places which means I'll have to walk somewhere.

I realise the diving on these islands are not the best Fiji can offer but I hope to do the liveaboard at some point with my husband. Plus the only non-Caribbean diving I've done is in Maldives so I think I'll be entertained with the new species in the Pacific anyway.

If anyone has any view on quality of diing and safety I would love some advice!

Hj

Assuming Fiji Club is the one in the same complex as Fiji Palms, it is perfectly safe. We spent a month there in 2010 and never felt uneasy at all. My wife would even walk up to the cultural center alone and thought nothing of it. Safe and comfortable enough. Nice pool. Restaurant on property is OK and you can walk next door to the restaurant at The Pearl too.

The diving there is not good this time of year though. Lots of run off when it rains, and it rains a lot this time of year, so viz is terrible.

Malolo Lalai I can't help you with.

Come on out to Naigani for a week and we will show you some great diving :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom