Fiji in March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CALI68

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi, I was looking in to doing a serious dive trip in March and I was thinking Fiji. Does anyone have any info regarding March as a month for diving in Fiji? Is it a good time of year?

Currently my wife and I are looking in to the Cousteau Resort or the Nai'a Liveaboard, if anyone has any suggestions either way please let me know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Chris

Hi: Well March in Fiji is supposed to be part of the rainy season but I actually like this month.......if you look at the average rainfall it drops drastically from Feb. to Mar. The temperature is great both in and out of the water in March. Also, as of April 1 the Fiji government is starting a 5% bed tax....so your stay will cost you a lot more if you go in April. I absolutely love Cousteau Resort and stay there every year. The dive operation is great and you get to dive Namena, (which I think is the best diving in Fiji), the rooms are really super and the food is extraordinary. I have a really great special for this resort during March because I have 3 dive groups going to Fiji so I have a super deal! The Nai'a is also a great experience.......but March might be a little rough to be on a liveaboard......I can also give you the great air deal if you decide to book the Nai'a. If you are interested just email me and I can send you the information.....mjaugustine2000@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Mary Jane

Wow Chris, looks like you got some professional help here. Good luck on diving Fiji, it's on my must dive list. I think I'll email Mary Jane to get some ideas of cost.

Hi David! Yea definitely! Great advise.

We are looking at several options in terms of dates. Original we were set on March but we have some other free spots in our calendars as well Either way it will be before June (my busy season). It's a toss up as far as resorts vs. live aboards but I just spoke to a rep for the Fiji Aggressor and she says they have an empty boat from May 13-20. Got any plans that week? :)

-Chris

If you're talking "serious dive trip", that means liveaboard. Nothing but diving and relaxing for the next one.

However, part of the charm of Fiji are the people. That experience would be very limited on a liveaboard.

Personally, I've set my dive time to use the liveaboard, and then visit the country afterwards, not worrying about diving.

Shasta_man:
If you're talking "serious dive trip", that means liveaboard. Nothing but diving and relaxing for the next one.

However, part of the charm of Fiji are the people. That experience would be very limited on a liveaboard.

Personally, I've set my dive time to use the liveaboard, and then visit the country afterwards, not worrying about diving.

That's an interesting idea!

BTW I feel that anytime you fly more than 10 hours away with diving being the main objective..it's a "serious dive trip" :) LOL!

Thanks!
-Chris

Shasta_man:

The people of Fiji are the nicest you'll ever meet. Nearly all of the Nai'a captain and crew are native Fijians and you get to participate in a kava ceremony and singing with them. There is also a trip to a remote village which was terrific. It was one of the highlights of the trip. So in summary the contact with native Fijians is somewhat limited outside of the crew but you do get to see what most tourists probably don't - a remote, 100-person village with no electricity, etc. It was just great

Back
Top Bottom