Fiji suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes I realise that - I'm not stupid - the resort ain't open yet. They will know what the best deals for accom until it is open.

Hi Igneous!
Have you thought about going to Namena? It’s a Marine Reserve so the diving there is really great! From Napoleon, sharks, dog tooth tunas and barracudas to mantis shrimps, nudibranchs and pygmy sea horses. All this surrounded by super colorful soft corals!

For me, if you are going to Fiji, Taveuni is a must, the very best coral reef diving I have ever done, and I live and dive in Asia-Pacific so stiff competition.

I stayed and dived with Nakia resort and can highly recommend them. Very friendly, fantastic accommodation with a very professional dive op.

As far as the extra flight on to Taveuni, yes its a pain but worth it. However, one piece of advice, try not to make your schedule too time critical, try to build in extras days where possible due to Fiji Airlines / Pacific Air / Pacific Sun's ( all derivatives of the same company) erratic and common schedule changes / flight cancellations.

Also, I'd agree with the comments above about Beqa Lagoon. Yes you are are of a machine, yes its all incredibly staged, yes there is little else appealing about Pacific Harbour, yes there are certain arguments about the ethics of feeding the sharks, however, being in the water with 30+ Bulls and Tigers is an opportunity not to pass.

thanks for all the advice. Ended up booking a couple dives with beqa fo rhte shark dive, and then a few days on taveuni at the garden island resort. Diving with the place thats at nakia. Thanks again :)

For me, if you are going to Fiji, Taveuni is a must, the very best coral reef diving I have ever done, and I live and dive in Asia-Pacific so stiff competition.&nbsp;<br><br>I stayed and dived with Nakia resort and can highly recommend them. Very friendly, fantastic accommodation with a very professional dive op.&nbsp;<br><br>As far as the extra flight on to Taveuni, yes its a pain but worth it. However, one piece of advice, try not to make your schedule too time critical, try to build in extras days where possible due to Fiji Airlines / Pacific Air / Pacific Sun's ( all derivatives of the same company) erratic and common schedule changes / flight cancellations.&nbsp;<br><br>Also, I'd agree with the comments above about Beqa Lagoon. Yes you are are of a machine, yes its all incredibly staged, yes there is little else appealing about Pacific Harbour, yes there are certain arguments about the ethics of feeding the sharks, however, being in the water with 30+ Bulls and Tigers is an opportunity not to pass.

Have fun on the shark dives! Ours were awesome! The huge Tiger was beautiful and was swimming right over our heads!!!

I arrived back from Taveuni last night - dived 10 out of 11 days (one day for a catarmaran day-out) - dived with Taveuni Dive Resort - awesome trip - I'll start a new thread as there's much to tell.

Hi Igneous!
Have you thought about going to Namena? It&#8217;s a Marine Reserve so the diving there is really great! From Napoleon, sharks, dog tooth tunas and barracudas to mantis shrimps, nudibranchs and pygmy sea horses. All this surrounded by super colorful soft corals!

I JUST got back from a wonderful trip aboard the Siren diving Namena Reserve in the Bligh waters. It was fabulous. I was especially excited to finally see the Severns pygmy seahorse! The soft corals were an amazing rainbow of every color. I would highly recommend doing a shark dive and getting up to Volivoli to take a trip on the Siren.

It is a well run boat and I don't blame them for the 5 pounds I gained.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom