Fijian resorts in June/July - air conditioning?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaroo

Contributor
Reaction score
Madly trying to get arrangements sorted for a trip to Fiji over June/July... we have been surprised to see that many resorts do not have air-conditioning, instead using ceiling fans for cooling. I've visited Fiji in November before, and stayed at Denarau, which was basically the mainland. I would have died with AC, and that's saying something being an aussie.

What are the islands like in June/July without air conditioning? Are we setting ourselves up for a week of hell by going to a non AC resort, or is the air temp/humidity reasonable at that time of year?

We were there in early August and never used AC. And I do not like to sleep in warm or humid air. Actually, the nights were chilly. I always wore a sweatshirt when we went to dinner. but I'm from Florida. This was at Wananavu near RakiRaki on the main island.

Did you ever visit Maravu? I saw in a post from last year you were booked in to visit that resort - it's at the top of our list at the moment. We had planned a couple of other resorts, but their pricing structure is conveniently ignoring the rocketing australian dollar, making them overpriced. At this stage we're planning on diving with Swiss Fiji Divers.

I am booking a trip to Fiji, Going to to Be in the Pacific harbor area, probably will saty at crusoes resort, any suggestions on a dive op???

I was at Beqa Lagoon in late July. This is the middle of the southern winter and it would get quite cool at night (mid 60's) One day it was rainy and windy with temps in the low 60's. Many of the people in our group were pretty upset that they had flown 10,000 miles from the U.S. to freeze. One of my fondest memories was of our entire group weraing sweatclothes and huddling by the firewalkers firepit.
Bottom line, a little heat would have helped.

Back
Top Bottom