Filipino Charities

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kevinl4270

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Every year I make a few donations to different charities. I usually give to Project Aware and CORAL Reef Alliance. This year on top of that I would like to give some money to some filipino projects or charities that do underwater conservation, preservation or education.
I have searched around the web and come up empty, so I am turning to the experts here. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin,
I have not posted this before but we have just started a new organization within the last month, that is helping improve the protection of the Reef and curb illegal fishing practices in Moalboal. We hope to be offering Membership etc etc...... so as it becomes more formal I will post here to provide you with additional information.

Kalle from SAVEDRA is one of the founding members, as are Dolphin House, Ravenela, Magic ISland and Turtle Bay. This is a big deal for us because it took writing a letter to the Governor of Cebu to help to get the local officials to start enforcing the laws. We have had two meetings with the Governor, Congressmen, Mayor, Navy, Coast Guard etc etc. Anyway, The organization is called Friends of Moalboal and will be helping develop alternative livlihood projects for local fishermen with the ultimate goal of improving their lot in life while at the same time conserving/improving the conditions of the reef life.

Again I will post here once we are in the position to offer memberships.... Thanks for the question!!!!!!

Cheers,
Roger

That is exactly the type of thing I am looking for. And I wish you the best of luck with getting the laws enforced there. That was my biggest complaint about Moalboal. How can you get away with selling eagle rays at the fish market 500 meters from the maritime police station?
Thanks again for all your hard work and keep us posted here. I will not be donating any money for a few months, so you have time.

Thanks paolov. I appreciate the info and welcome back to Scubaboard!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom