Film anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuubaadoo

Reaction score
Just wondering if any one still uses a film camera and if you do which one?

I shoot with a Nikon F4's in a Subal Housing.

http://www.seaoptic.com/products/slr/subal_f4.html

Usually shoot
Fujichrome Sensia 100 (RA)
Or Ilford 100 Delta for B&W.

I am currentley getting a custom housing made for my Mamiya 6X7 medium format, I can't wait to get this beast underwater.

An "antique" Sea & Sea Motormarine I with every attachment lens they make for it and 2, YS-50 strobes. I'm now in a quandry because I don't think those 2 flashes will be sufficient for the the SWL-16mm wide angle lens I recently purchased for it. If that is the case, I may just make the leap to digital.

Rickg

I'm still (mostly) using film. I use a Nikon F-100 in an Aquatica housing. Though I do see the virtues of digital, there are still a few things that have kept me from (totally) jumping in. The Nikon D-100 and Fuji S-2 come close, but if I'm going to plop down almost 5 grand for a camera and housing, it better be more that just close.

yup - mostly film.

mx5 for underwater, f80 topside (can't afford the housing, not in my christmas stocking either :( )

do own an older 1Mpixel :eek: kodak, state of the art when i bought it :D - but now even the pc i download it too is in storage :))

I still use my Sea and Sea motor marine EXII, it works great and I think its easy to use compared to my Olympus C3040

I currently use both a digital set up as well as a film set up. Personally, I like them both, it all depends on the day what I use. I have an Olympus 4040 in a Light and Motion housing and a Nikon F100 in a Sea and Sea housing, both set up with dual strobes. If you are new to photography (i was when I started U/W photo) I think digital is the way to go. I feel i was able to learn a lot by experimenting without wasting the costs of film and developing.

I think the decision to go film or digital depends on what your goals are. If you want pics to share with friends via email, and some small prints (no larger than 8x10 or so), then digital definitely has its benefits. If you are looking for large prints, then film is still the way to go. Check on some of my pics with the digital, im still putting up pics, I have too many to upload and too little time. www.dive-aloha.com click on photo galleries.

If you have any questions feel free to email me(Bigmike00@aol.com). Also, I am a dealer for Sea and Sea and Light & Motion so feel free to ask any questions regarding their products.

Hi, Gang!

I still use film and love it! In fact, I use two film cameras: a Nikon F100 in a Subal housing and a Nik V.

I usually use the Subal with a Nikkor 28mm-80mm zoom, but often change to a 60mm Micro Nikkor for macro. I still take the Nik V with me to use as a waterproof "normal" camera with the 35mm lens for topside photos and the 20mm lens when I want to travel light U/W.

I got those cameras before the current generation of digitals came along. However, I have been very impressed with the new digitals and it is likely that I will spring for one soon. The single criterion that I have is the ability to make 16x20 prints with no obvious pixels and we are nearly there.

Scorpionfish

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom