Filters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mfrymus

Registered
Reaction score
Thinking about purchasing the 3 SRP filters (shallow, deep, green water)
But also thinking about the backscatter flip for these filters.

1) There is a backscatter 3.1 version and a 4.0 version. Whats the difference? Which do I get?

2) From what I see, they all come as a kit with the filters already. So, I just need to remove them and replace it with a 55mm ring? - Or do they sell it without the filters?

3) And importantly, will the side flip interfere with the tray handle?
Ill be using the Ikelite Gopro tray with two handles. But, i dont know i the handles would be too close to use the side flip.

4.0 is the latest and greatest. Not sure of the exact upgrades they've included on the 4.0. Call Backscatter and they can tell you - really helpful folks.

I've used the Backscatter flip system (3.1) with 2 different trays.....no flip interference with either.

I started out with this - SeaLife Seadragon 1200 set-up:
sealife-sea-dragon-1200-photo-video-dive-light-1_0.jpg

But now use this - Snake River Prototyping tray:
Snake%20River%202-L.jpg

+1 for the backscatter. I have the 3.1 and its really nice! cant really see what changed to the 4 other than the cool bag that i wish i had.

I can't speak for the SRP filters, but I upgraded from the Polar Pro red lens/macro combo to the Flip 4.0 and am SO glad I did! It's really well built and heavy duty. Just used it for the first time in Roatan and it was awesome. The Macro Mate is really impressive. My set up is a spitting image of large_diver's without the dive housing.

Back
Top Bottom