Final Resting Place of DD559 USS Longshaw

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

japan-diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Members of the Reef Encounters Wreck Exploration Team after a ton a research and lots of dives located the final resting place of the USS Longshaw today. Dives were conducted and the wreckage was located. The wreck was located on the final dives of the day after numerous scooter runs in the search area so no much exploration was completed but we are hoping to get back out tomorrow for more dives. We will be posting pictures soon.

Team Members for todays dive:
Azusa Matsunoki
Toyota Hirohashi
Doug Bennett
Jim Winter

Well done!! Can't wait to see & hear more...:rocker:

Dear japan-diver
Scuba Instructor
I am the grandson of Henry Hutson Deane, he was a US Navy sailor on the USS Longshaw, his rate was a FC-2. He did not survive the sinking of the ship, the fact is they never recover his body, at the time of the explosion his station was under the Pilot House next to the magazine that exploded. He was survived by his wife (Minerva, gone now) and two daughters.

Every once and a while I cruse though the web looking for more information his ship so I was very happy that I stumbled across your post.
Congratulations are in order for the Team Members for that dive. Azusa Matsunoki, Toyota Hirohashi, Doug Bennett and Jim Winter for finding the USS Longshaw. As you can imagine the ship is of great importances to all of our family.
You said in your post that you would be posting pictures soon, but I can’t seem to find them on your site. Can you please send them to my email address? I would love to share them with my family
With much appreciation,
David Henry Craig
craigdh57@gmail.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom