FINALLY, a key largo dive report, FRIDAY, 5/23/14, pics,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
after 3 weeks of persistent blustery winds and rough seas, conditions today, were simply, outstanding! bright sunshine, calm winds and flat seas greeted us @ molasses reef this AM. a stripped high pressure tank valve and user error(myself not checking tank pressure @ the dock) limited our day to a one tank dive. not happy! buoy M29: vibrant blue water, viz 80+(approaching 100FT on the ride in) , mdt current, water temp 79F @ 50-74 FT. molasses was jam packed with commercial dive boats, all @ capacity with eager divers! 3 tanker tomorrow, possibly north to avoid the crowds(elbow/carysfort). marine forecast looks good thru sunday. pics from TIMG,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• dm1.jpg
    dm1.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 91
  • dm2.jpg
    dm2.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 85
  • dm3.jpg
    dm3.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 77
  • dm4.jpg
    dm4.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 77
  • dm5.jpg
    dm5.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 80
  • dm6.jpg
    dm6.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 85
  • dm7.jpg
    dm7.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 83
  • dm8.jpg
    dm8.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 79
  • dm9.jpg
    dm9.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 80
  • dm10.jpg
    dm10.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 77
  • dm11.jpg
    dm11.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 86
Nice shots as usual!

Yep I was down about 3 weeks ago and caught great conditions for the 1st 3 days before the wind started to blow. Looks like it just kept going since then.

Nice shots as usual!

Yep I was down about 3 weeks ago and caught great conditions for the 1st 3 days before the wind started to blow. Looks like it just kept going since then.

Thank you scubaguy.

Great to see you guys back in action :D As always, enjoyed the report!

How 'bout you keep the conditions just like that for a few more weeks...looking forward to seeing you and sharing gumbo with you:balloons:

Great to see you guys back in action :D As always, enjoyed the report!

How 'bout you keep the conditions just like that for a few more weeks...looking forward to seeing you and sharing gumbo with you:balloons:

Thanks CajunDiva. Looking forward to Gumbo Night!

Great pics. We also got out on/in the water for Juno Ledge and Shark Canyon (not Key Largo, but West Palm) yesterday morning, lovely conditions, great dives. I LOVE diving!!!!!

I love your enthusiasm :D

I also had enthusiasm this morning until after having loaded the boat for a trip north(3 tanks), my starboard engine wouldn't start. appears the starter is shot(try getting that replaced over this holiday weekend!). yesterday gear malfunctions, today engine issues, it never ends,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Great pics. We also got out on/in the water for Juno Ledge and Shark Canyon (not Key Largo, but West Palm) yesterday morning, lovely conditions, great dives. I LOVE diving!!!!!

Thank you Diver Amy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom