Finally bought a Yak...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Finally picked the kayak up last week.. Have been busy exploring the Palmetto, FL and Bradenton, FL areas including Emerson Point Preserve, Robinson Preserve, Terra Ceia Bay, Palma Sola Bay, and more.. (Did 18.6 miles yesterday and 34 total in two days according to the GPS) :wink:

Now that I'm getting comfortable handling the boat and have my paddling technique down it's time to load up the dive gear and head out.. Anybody up for Venice boneyard?

Rack mount saddle note: I originally wanted Yakima Mako Aero saddles to mount on the rack bars. The dealer was kind enough to let me take a set of them along with Thule 878XT saddles to test fit them on the Tarpon 160. If you own a Wilderness Tarpon series the Thule fit the hull MUCH better. The Thule are adjustable with a pivot point (3rd notch up for Tarpon 160 hull) - the Yakima Mako saddles are one piece and are forced to bend around the hull by the pressure of the securing straps.

Attachments

• IMG_0576.JPG
    IMG_0576.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0606.JPG
    IMG_0606.JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0584.JPG
    IMG_0584.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0737.JPG
    IMG_0737.JPG