Finally got my strobe! now moving towards macro...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

damage

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello

Finally I bought my strobe for my G11 + OEM housing, I had a great dive last weekend and took my first test shots, now I'm moving towards macro; do you guys have any suggestions? The only adapter and macro lens I've seen are from Fantasea; SharpEye M67 UW Macro Lens and the adapter: EyeDaptor f/ 67mm Accessories to Canon WP-DC28

Do you know if this lens is good and which magnification ratio has it? or is there a better option?

You might want to check out this: ReefNet Inc. | SubSee Magnifier and Adapter

I am using it with my G10.... there are 2 different magnifications you can chose from... or if you have $$$ you can buy both!

I have the 10+ magnifier.

Hi, could you post comparison pics of macro shots of your G10 with and without the magnifier? I'm just curious how those lens magnifies the subject. thanks!

I'm using the WPDC28 as well. Will be able to test my new Inon UCL-165M67 and 10 Bar Adaptor tomorrow. I'll post some pics with and without as soon as I get back on monday!

Hi, could you post comparison pics of macro shots of your G10 with and without the magnifier? I'm just curious how those lens magnifies the subject. thanks!

I got the supermacro just before heading to Lembeh and my shutter speed was too high so they're slightly out of focus. Hopefully will do better when I'm in Dominica this June. Like anything else, there's a learning curve!

Here are some shots using the magnifier.

I didn't use the camera's macro, just the magnifier.

Attachments

• cleanershrimp_1349.jpg
    cleanershrimp_1349.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 59
  • juvenile box fish_1625.jpg
    juvenile box fish_1625.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 54
  • shrimp_1850.jpg
    shrimp_1850.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 63
specs say Focal Length: 250mm / +4

I have that lens and adaptor used with G10, strobe is YS-110a - been pleased with the results:

elanarchist: great photos, I guess I'm buying the same lens, (ReefNet Inc. | SubSee Magnifier and Adapter) is the one you are using right?

coral cruiser:great pictures, and you are right everything is a learning curve, right now I'm learning how to use the strobes =P

No, I have the Fantasea 67mm Sharpeye w/ Eyedaptor.. would like to play around with the SubSee but I think the +10 would be hard to get good focus. I may get another Sharpeye to stack on for supermacro shots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom