Finders Keepers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm...I have found two masks, a ton of lead weights which I give to my friends who actually fish, one porcelain button from the civil war and a set of car keys...which I returned to the owner. That's about it...guess I find kind of boring normal stuff!

I once found a weight belt on a wreck over 100 ft deep. It had 34 lbs of weight on it. As I do not carry a lift bag I decided to let the next lucky sole have it and left it lying right where I found it.

The coolest thing I ever found was a KZ-118 Soviet Anti-ship Mine. These things were all supposed to be decommishioned and removed during the 80's but I guess they couldn't find them all. It was sitting at about 65 feet in the Straits of Hormouz about 5 miles of the coast of Iran. That was interesting. We blew it in place of course.

Oh yeah, found some keys and weights and other stuff too.

Let see! found an Aladin Nitrox computer , Zebco rod and reel with Mickey Mouse sitting in a fishing boat (kids toy with a plastic fish on the line), Motorola digital camcorder ( don't work no more), fins, masks, snorkles, weight pockest and more lead than I will ever need for everyone in my familly, several fishing poles, two tackle boxes, several knives, gear bags, hand tools, trolling motor, and my oddest find

A set of false teeth

Had one heck of a time getting them back from a striper who was using them to impersonate JAWS!!!

Hallmac

A bike,

Old military jeep and trailer,

A car motor and trans,

100+lbs of lead, both fishing and for diving,

too many tires,

bullets, mostly machine gun ammo,

half dozen masks,

even more snorkles,

money,

a 63cf (no regs, I didn't take someones stage...... It was VERY old... still had a J valve)

lots of broken fishing poles

and a bunch of lost divers :D

Hallmac once bubbled...
fins, masks, snorkles, weight pockest and more lead than I will ever need for everyone in my familly, several fishing poles, two tackle boxes, several knives, gear bags, hand tools, trolling motor,
A set of false teeth

Had one heck of a time getting them back from a striper who was using them to impersonate JAWS!!!

Dude, I don't believe for one minute you've found enough weight for everyone in your family, what if your uncles take up diving?

I kind of cheated on this one

I was actually called to pontoon boat and asked if I would try to recover them. A family was feeding the carp and grand ma lean over and started laughing/talking.... pop out goes the teeth.

I found them at thirty five feet just sitting there waiting for me.

Hallmac

some good, some junk. lots of stuff from the wreck off LI NY.

Diving with the FD in the local marina while training, we come up with everything from rings and watches to motors... yes an entire 25HP outboard. Some times we will get a call from the dockmaster when, someone he feels bad for, drops something. Then one or two guys will jump in and find what ever is lost and negotiate for the finders fee... normally lunch or dinner depending on the value of said lost item.

But the best find I ever had was while at dutch springs, while swimming along the bottom at 60', out towards the middle, my buddy and I came across: a brand spankin new mares mask, a nice single mares fin, a wrist compass (had a bubble in it) and 3 bags of soft weights. All were within 10 yards of each other. We picked it all up and when we surfaced we asked around, no one claimed it. We were on our way out we asked at the gate if anyone put in a lost and found claim, and the guy at the gate said "nah, you guys may as well just keep it, looks like it was a good day for you guys". So I got a new mask, and my buddy got some weights and a new compass. He tried the fin, but he just kept going around in circles... so he went back to using his two fin set.....

:D

Back
Top Bottom