Finished my IDC On-Line.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Islandheart

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Well today has been a good day.

I finished my PADI IDC On-Line e-learning, I also taught a session of Discover Scuba for two people and did a Scuba Refresher for 2 guys.

Headed to Jamaica for 10 Days of diving and vacation next Wed., acting as DM for a large (12 students) Open Water course mid May and also will DM or AI for a Key Largo Trip end of May.

Happy to be done with the E-Learning stuff and looking forward to my IDC in June down in Vero Beach.

Regards to all the other Students/ Candidates out there !

Congrats and have fun. I did my DM in Key Largo and had a great time. Try to do the USS Duane if you get a chance.

It sounds like you're going to hit some cool destinations. I'm doing my IDC in Playa and staying for five weeks!

Is this a private instructor or dive center you're working with?

Last edited:
I work with a nice dive shop here in ATL. They do trips and are a 5 Star center. I do DM stuff for them.

I've worked with them for some CERTS and have worked with others on my DM and AI.

Just got back from Jamaica and completed my AI there. Tons of diving every day and AI teaching every other day. 10 days = 18 dives and 8 students = lots more experience.

Great guy I worked with, he'd assign my teaching skills and class subjects, he'd sit in or dive along side and afterwards give me pointers during debriefings.

Super way to teach in my view.

Sorry to say, I love the shop I work with, but I seem to learn tons more, with Deep Six/ EASE in Vero Beach and with a private shop down in Jamaica that has IDC staff.

My local shop has 6 instructors and they really don't want any additional completion for students, so "they" want to keep me at DM.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom