Fire fighters bottles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmbelina once bubbled...

I don't understand why you wouldn't be able to get a full fill. Then again, I'm new to this, so perhaps I'm mistaken....

I play paintball as well, and the air tanks for that are 3000psi, 4500psi, and they have 5000psi now, too. Take your tank to a paintball shop, have it filled there?

do you want to breath the same air that you shot paint balls with. the air going into scuba tanks is filtered for contaminates

We used to have Interspiro packs at our firehouse. They have been used for shallow water rescue work in emergencies by Phildelphia's Rescue 1 in the past. They've since gone back to another brand and we've switched to another. There was a well known NE diver who manufactured his own rigs. The 1st one I saw weighed 250 lbs. and had 5 tanks. He then built one using composite cylinders, 7 of them in fact, and had special valves and used a full face mask with block for gas switches. He planned on using it to complete his search for the photo sleds (Pegasus I beleive) lost on the Doria years ago. Unfortunately, in process of testing his new rig he died on the San Diego.

I am going to venture a guess and say you are speaking about Tony Maffatone and this abomination that he made. (pic below)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom