Use of Scuba unit for Fire/Haz-Mat Escape

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is another thread by a “prepper” about use of scuba gear in a Nuclear, Chemical, Biological terrorist attack;

I now have masks on my scuba units upstairs. :wink:

SeaRat

Yes indeed. If it’s in reach, w/relatively good amount of air…why not.

Here's the aftermath. Smart choice.

1000007180.jpg

Well... the smart choice was to remove trees around the house and have a water tank and sprinkles on the roof and around the place. It could have been much worse had the house not been properly prepped.

Well... the smart choice was to remove trees around the house and have a water tank and sprinkles on the roof and around the place. It could have been much worse had the house not been properly prepped.
Did you look at the article and the final photo? They had cleared the trees at least 10m from the house and they had a rooftop sprinkler.

"When she emerged, she was astonished to see that the only damage to the house was two cracked windows and melted bathroom vents – the homemade roof sprinkler system and firefighting pump she’d installed had managed to keep the fire at bay."

But she had no way of knowing the house would survive. It was obviously intense since it melted the fence.

Did you look at the article and the final photo? They had cleared the trees at least 10m from the house and they had a rooftop sprinkler.

Yes. It happened to be the 1st assignment in my Bridging English course back Down Under: bushfire prep. Later I briefly worked for a company that built water tanks, primarily for that purpose. That was the point: she did all the other stuff right.

Yes. It happened to be the 1st assignment in my Bridging English course back Down Under: bushfire prep. Later I briefly worked for a company that built water tanks, primarily for that purpose. That was the point: she did all the other stuff right.
Sorry. My mistake. I read your post as snarky rather than sincere. The "Well... " threw me off. Also all your posting history :cool:

I have used an old 2stage hooked to shop air, to weld inside a water tank, that was tarred, we cleaned as much with a wire wheel. But no matter what, you have to burn the residual tar out.
No googles. I am a natural mouth breather so it wasn't to bad.

I also bought a BP60 rebreather from a guy that wanted to use it as fire escape...
But he came to realize he had no clue of the equipment he owned.

Sorry. My mistake. I read your post as snarky rather than sincere. The "Well... " threw me off. Also all your posting history :cool:

I try to keep the readers off-balance, glad to hear it's working. :cheers:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom