firmware upgrade and button half press

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi drmark920,

Actually the IC 12 is made by a company named Premier. They are one of the largest camera manufacturers and make for many Japanese brands. Their parent company manufactures IPhones, IPADs, IPOds, IMACS and Sony Vaio computers.

The sensor chip is a CCD not a CMOS. The digital signal processor is made by Toshiba.

Regards,

Joe Ganahl

Thank you for the correction Joe. Since the Olympus T100 and and Intova IC12 are clones I assume both are made by Premier. Though they are physically identical and have matching specs, the Firmware on the Intova is better. And in my humble opinion, nobody beats the warranty service of Intova. I love the resolution on my IC12, but I'm anxious to step up to the new IC14 or IC16 when you release it.
Dr Mark

Hi drmark920,

Thanks Dr. Mark!! Appreciate the kind words. We are testing 14MP solutions now and expect and exciting new model to debut later this summer.

Regards,

Joe Ganahl

Great to hear Joe:
I started with the snapshots 35mm, then the Intova IC5, IC10 and now IC12. This week I'm taking my IC12 to St Croix, St Thomas, St Kitts, St Maartin and St Johns. If you need some beta testing on the 14 let me know. I will be in the Caribbean quite a bit now through May.
Dr Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom