First BCD - Cressi Start Pro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do yourself a favor... do not buy your first BCD at this time.

Buy your second BCD and save yourself the time, hassle, and money involved in selling the first one and replacing it later.

:D

Right, it is possible to get a travel BPW. It still boils down to 2 BCDs though, or at least 2 wings. On the other hand there are probably lots of folks with multiple fins, masks, regulators, etc. And, as I said, I found the BP/W to be very comfortable in the water. Something that the Cress is not when wearing a heavy wetsuit.

On the flip side, there was a guy on my last Caribbean dive that had a huge dual inflate technical wing that he was using for our 60 foot tourist dives.

actually, it does not require two wings for single tank diving. The LCD40 from DSS works quite well in a travel situation because it extends the length of the wing moreso than the width. The problem with most large volume wings is they get wider and tend to taco, the LCD40 is not much less streamlined than the LCD20, just a few inches longer.

actually, it does not require two wings for single tank diving. The LCD40 from DSS works quite well in a travel situation because it extends the length of the wing moreso than the width. The problem with most large volume wings is they get wider and tend to taco, the LCD40 is not much less streamlined than the LCD20, just a few inches longer.
Where the longer wing becomes a problem is when the diver uses a short squatty tank like an HP80 or an aluminum 63, or one of those older steel 65's that looked like a bowling ball (rare these days). When setting the rig on a bench upright for gearing up, the bottom of the wing can get smashed by the base/boot of the tank, possibly leading to a pinch flat of the bladder.
With an aluminum 80 or an HP100 they're fine.

I just thought I'd throw that out there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom