First day of open water done

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JessicaDodge

Contributor
Reaction score
Well the first day of my open water dives are done... It wasn't exactly what I expected but here's what happened. The first part of the dive was great. I had so much fun. Did my skills well, and the fish and sea turtles and rays were incredable. It was my first time so close to them because I have never even been snorkleing before. But right when we were going to start our surface skills we were just swimming around enjoying everything and I started to get sick. I told my buddy I was going to surface and we went up. Matt(my instructor) came up to make sure we were ok, and I told him I was sick. He suggested I wait it out on the surface for a while, I suggested I wait it out in a bathroom somewhere. I got out of the tank and went to the restroom and vomited. I was very upset. I thought I had screwed up royally and wouldn't be able to continue the dive and not get certified. When I got back they were just finishing up their surface skills and Matt said I could hop back in and finish mine so I did. I swam around a little and saw the nurse sharks and had fun until my air was low and got out. Overall it was ok, but I was a little disappointed about the whole getting sick thing. I hope it's just a bug and doesn't become a habit. I really really enjoyed the time underwater before it happened and was ok afterwards but a little afraid I would get sick again in the tank even though I didn't feel bad at all. I go to Blue Grotto tomarrow which is 72 degrees all year round. (For those that have the newest edition of Rodales Mag. It is in there along with it's sister spring Devil's Den) I can't wait.

Jessica

A really good friend of mine did his OW dives and threw up through his regulator! Typical man..doesnt know when to back off if he is not feeling well. It shouldn't become a habit from what I have seen with other people. Congrats on the good time you had..I wish my OW dives were going to be that interesting...

You'll be fine Jessica! If you were OK after you threw up, I'm sure you will be. Enjoy the rest of your dives and we'll see ya when you're certified!!!! (Assuming your dives are on Sunday.)

Kristey

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom