First dive in first dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dimitri ! Glad that someone else is nex-gen diver.... I guess mark is getting populalr eh ???
Anyway I have purchsed the same stem about a month ago and last saturday managed to try it out in the ice. I was wearing polar fleece pants as well as a blouse under my c100 and I was boiling even under the water. well to be honest, you don't get to really feel it cause your concentration is going to be on the neck area and maybe hands. I used drygloves but for the first dive I had no air going to them so the cold was kind of noticable. When it comes to the suit it self I think this is the best thing the money can get you. I did a researche on it and compering it to other systems this is your best deal, Boots underware, hood etc.....
perhaps you shoud try this out this saturday we are heading to do one last ice dive.
Ask Mark for details...
Cheers

HI Dmitri,
It is great to hear you got to try out your drysuit...I look forward to getting in mine anyday now...It will be nice to dive this spring and not get cold for a change...hope to see you soon.
Anne

maximdim:
Just got back from pool dive in Etobicoke Olimpium where I was trying my brand new Bare Nex-Gen dry suit. Quite interesting experience after only diving wet. Amazingly it seems that I don't need more weights that I usualy use with 2pc 7mm wetsuit, which is 16lb. That's with T100 Polarwear. I was quite warm during the whole dive ;-) now I'm qurious to see how warm would it be in open water.

I didn't use any ankle weights and didn't have any problem. I found latex neck and wrist seals a little too tight for my taste, have to do something about it. Exhaust valve performance is lower that I had expected, probably just need to get used to, more practice required

Dmitre
I am a member of the Coral Scuba Club based out of Aquarius Dive Store.
Seeing that you were at the pool on Monday, I am wondering if you a member also. If you are, it would make it easier for us to meet up and for me to show you the single tank rig with the tank adapter on it. Please pm me when you have time as I have misplaced your email address.

And just a small word of caution with your seals. Don't be too hasty to trim them down. They do stretch and I have seen a number of divers end up with seals that are to loose after a number of dives. It would be best to have some one at the dive store check to see if the seal is too tight or not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom